Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.wildspiritrivercompany.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Really Simple SSL
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
Policy & Rules
If cancelling more than 72 hours after registration, there will be a $100.00 cancellation fee per registration. Contact us to cancel.
AGREEMENT TO ASSUME ALL RISKS; RELEASE OF LIABILITY/ AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE & TO INDEMNIFY
PLEASE READ THIS CONTRACT CAREFULLY. It releases Wild Spirit River Company LLC. from liability and waives certain rights. In consideration of being permitted to participate in an adventure trip with Wild Spirit River Company LLC (“Wild Spirit”) I, the Participant, (or if the
Participant is under the age of 18, I, on the Participant’s behalf) understand, acknowledge, and contractually agree as set forth below (the Agreement):
1. Acknowledgement of Dangers and Risks: I understand, acknowledge, and agree that participating in a river trip with Wild Spirit (hereinafter the “Activity”) can be HAZARDOUS AND INVOLVE THE RISK OF PHYSICAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH. I understand, acknowledge,and agree that participating in the Activity involves certain inherent dangers and risks that cannot be eliminated or controlled by Wild Spirit, the presence of which are integral to the adventurous nature of the Activity. The following list of dangers and risks that could cause physical or emotional injury or death is not exhaustive – I understand that there are many other dangers or risks associated with the Activity not listed below:
- ● Risks associated with boating and being around or in water, including: falling into water; water immersion including drowning; jolting or jarring resulting in contact with hard objects including rocks and boating equipment; capsizing boats; becoming tangled in ropes; foot entrapment; trapped limbs; striking objects under the surface of the water; hypothermia; physical overexertion; mental or physical shock; boating equipment malfunction; slipping, tripping or falling around or from boats; burning associated with hot surfaces and sun; and errors in guide judgment, or lapse in guide skill.
- ● Risks associated with transport in a motor vehicle, busses, and fifteen-passenger vans, including: all commonly understood risks of riding in a vehicle; risks associated with riding in a vehicle in remote terrain on backcountry or dirt roads; and lapse in driver or guide judgment or skill.
- ● Risks associated with camping or extracurricular activities on a watersports trip, including: slipping, tripping or falling; allergen exposure; exposure to dangerous wildlife or insects; bodily failure while carrying heavy objects; exposure to fish hooks and fishing lines, flying man-made objects such as balls, frisbees, gear, or equipment; falling trees or other objects; moving objects associated with extreme weather; hail; lightening; flash flood; wildfire or uncontrolled camp or kitchen fire; food-borne bacteria or virus; water-borne bacteria or virus; kitchen or cooking related dangers; landslides; rock-fall; mudslides; and dangerous water crossings.
- ● Risks associated with being on an outdoors trip with other participants and relying upon guides, including: mentally or physically unstable or criminal trip participants; negligence by trip participants; all manner of outdoor injuries including brain injury, spinal injury, bone breaks, burn, internal injury, sickness or disease, exposure to airborne pathogens and viruses, including but not limited to contraction of Covid-19; hypothermia, heatstroke, sunburn, dehydration, and hyponatremia; getting lost; errors in guide judgment or lapse in guide skill; inadequate or incorrect medical care; poorly executed or failed rescue attempts; dangerous contact with rescue vehicles, boats, or aircraft; and inadequate or malfunctioning equipment. I understand that Wild Spirit has done its best to list the known risks of participating in the Activity, but agree that I have the right, obligation, and opportunity to research and verify the risks of participating in the Activity.
2. Assumption of Risk: I acknowledge and agree that I am choosing to take part in the Activity despite the dangers and risks of doing so, and freely choose to accept the risks of participating in the Activity. I recognize that property loss, physical or emotional injury, and death are all possible while participating in the Activity. I expressly acknowledge and assume all risks, dangers, and consequences of the Activity, including but not limited to those risks, dangers, and consequences set forth in paragraph 1 above, that may result in physical or emotional injury, property damage, or death.
3. Participant’s Responsibilities and Representations: I represent that I am physically and mentally capable of participating in the Activity. I understand the importance of all safety instructions given to me, whether in writing or verbally, and agree to follow all guide instructions at all times while engaging in the Activity. Further, I represent that I have had the opportunity to both independently research and discuss with Wild Spirit the risks of participating in the Activity and my assumption of those risks. I have been informed of and understand the expectations of me while engaging in the Activity. I have been informed of the increased risk associated with running higher classes of whitewater, particularly Class III and IV whitewater, and of the changing nature of such risk as water levels change. I understand that I am responsible for truthfully disclosing and notifying Wild Spirit of any risk to me or other Participants associated with my own mental or physical conditions, including allergies that could result in anaphylaxis. I specifically and expressly agree that I have full responsibility for managing and treating any such conditions to prevent injury to myself or others. I acknowledge that, in the event I choose to consume alcohol or marijuana during my trip, I will bear sole responsibility for myself and for any damages I may cause to Wild Spirit, its property or to other guests. I am not relying on any prior oral, written, or visual representations made by Wild Spirit, including in any website or promotional materials, to induce me to go on any adventure Activity. With all of the foregoing in mind, I assume full responsibility for my own safety.
4. Release of Liability and Agreement Not to Sue: Fully understanding the foregoing paragraphs, and in exchange for Wild Spirit’s Agreement to allow the Participant to participate in the Activity, I HEREBY AGREE NOT TO SUE Wild Spirit, its affiliated companies and subsidiaries, or any of their respective successors in interest, affiliated organizations and companies, insurance carriers, agents, employees, representatives, assignees, officers, directors, and shareholders (each hereinafter a “Released Party”) for any property damage (including but not limited to equipment damage), injury or loss to Participant, including death, which Participant may suffer, arising in whole or in part out of Participant’s participation in the Activity. By signing this Agreement Not to Sue, I am releasing any right to make a claim or file a lawsuit against any Released Party. I agree to hold harmless and release each and every Released Party from any and all liability and/or claims or causes of action for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from Participant’s participation in the Activity, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE CLAIMS BASED ON ANY RELEASED PARTY’S ALLEGED OR ACTUAL NEGLIGENCE or breach of any contract and/or express or implied warranty, but not including any Released Party’s gross negligence or intentional conduct.
5. Agreement to Indemnify: I agree to INDEMNIFY (REIMBURSE) each Released Party from and for any and all claims of the Undersigned and/or a third party arising in whole or in part from Participant’s participation in the Activity. In other words, if Participant and/or anyone on Participant’s behalf files
any lawsuit or brings any claim for injury or damage against released parties, undersigned will be required to pay back to the released parties all sums of money incurred by, or paid by or on behalf of any of the released parties on account of the bringing of such suit or claim, including all attorneys fees and costs.
6. Medical Authorization, Release, and Indemnification:
- ● authorize Wild Spirit to undertake any emergency medical care for me;
- ● authorize Wild Spirit and/or their authorized personnel to call for medical care for me or to transport me to a medical facility or hospital if, in the opinion of such
personnel, medical attention is needed;
- ● agree that, following my transport to any such medical facility or hospital, Wild Spirit shall not have any further responsibility for me;
- ● agree to pay all costs associated with the medical care, rescue, or any related transportation provided for me; and
- ● shall release and hold Wild Spirit harmless from any claims associated with such medical care and/or related transportation.
7. Application of Agreement to Minor Participants: In the case of a minor Participant, I, as parent or legal guardian, acknowledge that I am not only signing this Agreement on my behalf, but that I am also signing on behalf of the minor and that the minor shall be bound by all of the terms of this Agreement. Additionally, by signing this Agreement as the parent or legal guardian of a minor Participant, I understand that I am also waiving certain rights on behalf of the minor that the minor otherwise may have. I agree that but for the foregoing, the minor Participant would not be permitted to participate in the Activity, and sign this document out of a desire to have the Participant be allowed to participate in the Activity. I represent that I am a legal parent or guardian of the minor Participant.
8. Representation of Capacity to Contract, and Acknowledgement That Agreement is a Binding Contract: I represent that I am at least 18 years of age, and that I have the capacity to understand and be bound by all of the provisions of this Agreement. I understand and acknowledge that this Agreement is a contract and shall be binding to the fullest extent permitted by law. It is my intent that this Agreement shall be binding upon my assignees, subrogors, distributors, heirs, next of kin, executors, and personal representatives, and those of the Participant.
9. Agreement to Application of Oregon Law and Selection of Forum: I agree that any and all claims for injury and/or death arising from my participation in the Activity shall be governed by Oregon law, and that the exclusive jurisdiction for any claim shall be in the Multnomah County, Multnomah County Superior Court, without regard to where the incident giving rise to any lawsuit occurs, and without regard to any jurisdiction’s choice of laws analysis. I agree that Wild Spirit is not a common carrier.
10. Miscellaneous Provisions: I agree that Wild Spirit may utilize my photograph, or video of me participating in the Activity for any purpose, and that any such image is the property of Wild Spirit. If any sentence, clause, paragraph or part of this Agreement is declared unenforceable, the remainder shall continue in full force and effect. This Agreement can be modified only in writing. An electronic signature or acknowledgment of Agreement upon this contract is fully binding and enforceable, and a copy of this executed Agreement may be used as if it is the original. I agree that any subcontractors or other vendors utilized by Wild Spirit during or incidental to the Activity are solely responsible for injury that occurs to me while I am in their care, and that Wild Spirit is not in a joint venture with any such vendor I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THE FOREGOING TWO PAGE AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT I AM RELEASING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS THAT I OR MY MINOR CHILD OTHERWISE MAY HAVE. I AGREE TO BE FULLY BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.